Phoenix OS Forum

Full Version: [GUIDE]How to setup Dual Boot on legacy PC? (PhoenixOS and Windows 7/8.1/10)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
(04-21-2018, 01:23 AM)DexTiger Wrote: [ -> ]@WoltroX

I have not yet tested the guide: /

I did not quite understand how the steps work and I did not find some options ... Would it be like doing a video explaining?

My Disk Management:

[Image: T0ONsbn.png]

My PC Specs:

- Processor: AMD Phenom™ II X3 720 Processor 2.80 GHz
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 9600GT (1GB DDR3)
- Memory: 4GB (1333MHz) DDR3

There is nothing to be understood. I made quite simple guide on the first page. If you dont understand, look only pictures and use links.

-Install your system under "PhoenixOS" folder into the disk C or G.  and create data.img file.
-Install BCDEdit
-Follow the directions in the picture respectively.
-Copy / paste in your menu.lst that codes. (I reorganized for your disk configuration)
-If this method does not work, then you can not install any phoenix os in your pc. I dont know if Android systems have AMD processor support. That issue can be from even your processor.

Code:
default 0
timeout 10

title PhoenixOS - DiskC
root (hd1,0)
find --set-root ls  /PhoenixOS/system.img
kernel /PhoenixOS/kernel quiet root=/dev/ram0 androidboot.hardware=android_x86_64 SRC=/PhoenixOS DATA=/PhoenixOS vga=788
initrd /PhoenixOS/initrd.img
boot

title PhoenixOS - DiskG
root (hd1,1)
find --set-root ls  /PhoenixOS/system.img
kernel /PhoenixOS/kernel quiet root=/dev/ram0 androidboot.hardware=android_x86_64 SRC=/PhoenixOS DATA=/PhoenixOS vga=788
boot
@WoltroX

The link of the images are broken for me ... Could you upload it on imgur?

Sorry my English is very bad. There are things I do not understand. I am Brazilian.
img don't show
(04-23-2018, 10:54 PM)helooobay Wrote: [ -> ]img don't show

Images reuploaded. If you dont see again, please use DNS or VPN for see images. Imgur has been blocked by iss. Or you can say me another unblocked image upload sites. @DexTiger
@WoltreX

I switched my processor to Intel, now my PC specs is this:

- Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E7500 @2.93GHz 2.94GHz
- Memory: 4GB (1333MHz) DDR3

I ran the entire Phoenix OS x64 Installation Process but I had a problem. The boot hangs in "A N D R O I D x86_64:/ #" (without quotation marks)
My line is "/dev/sda2", I got this similar image on the internet.

[Image: IMG_20171109_230615.jpg?key=LnimNaCGZZN9...1525011292]

I've tried changing the value of "vga=788" but I still have the same problem.
I ran the "logcat" command and I noticed that many command lines go up quickly (I can not even read) and then I thought I was performing some process, I left all night on and the next morning, nothing ...
I also tried without the Video Card (I saw in another forum this tip) but it also did not work.

Do you have any idea what that might be? I'm waiting, I hope you can help me! Smile

Contact: Facebook or WhatsApp: +5551993912351 or +555193912351 (Brazilian)
(04-29-2018, 02:16 PM)DexTiger Wrote: [ -> ]@WoltreX

I switched my processor to Intel, now my PC specs is this:

- Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E7500 @2.93GHz 2.94GHz
- Memory: 4GB (1333MHz) DDR3

I ran the entire Phoenix OS x64 Installation Process but I had a problem. The boot hangs in "A N D R O I D x86_64:/ #" (without quotation marks)
My line is "/dev/sda2", I got this similar image on the internet.

[Image: IMG_20171109_230615.jpg?key=LnimNaCGZZN9...1525011292]

I've tried changing the value of "vga=788" but I still have the same problem.
I ran the "logcat" command and I noticed that many command lines go up quickly (I can not even read) and then I thought I was performing some process, I left all night on and the next morning, nothing ...
I also tried without the Video Card (I saw in another forum this tip) but it also did not work.

Do you have any idea what that might be? I'm waiting, I hope you can help me! Smile

Contact: Facebook or WhatsApp: +5551993912351 or +555193912351 (Brazilian)

Android 64bit systems do not support Core 2 Duo cpus. Install 32bit.
But 32 bits do not support PUBG MOBILE (Play Store) :/
(02-19-2018, 12:54 AM)WoltreX Wrote: [ -> ]NOTE: If you dowloaded the iso file; Extract the iso file  in a folder and go straight to second step. Step 1 is for downloaded phoenixosinstaller.exe..

1- Preparing the installation

a. Download PhoenixOS Official Installer exe/ISO version.
b. Install PhoenixOS and create a custom size data.img for complete into short time. (4gb for fat32 disk - Recomended 16 Gb for NTFS disk)
c. Where to install it go to and  create a backup phoenixos .zip/.rar/.iso file. (Select rar for best compression with winrar program)
d. After backup, uninstall PhoenixOS from pc.
e. Restart PC (Windows sometimes gives a startup repair error and you wait for it to repair the startup to fix the problem.)
f. Now extract all file from .zip/.rar/.iso file Under the C:\ D:\ .. disk part.. For example= C:\PhoenixOS\ ..

2- Setup grup for dual boot

a. Download EasyBCD 2.3 Latest Version and install it.
b. Run EasyBCD.exe > Add new entry > NeoGrub > İnstall

[Image: BCD01.jpg]

-Click Configure and delete all text. (editing menu.lst)

-Copy and paste that text there for system.img file..

Quote:default 0
timeout 1

title PhoenixOS
root (hd0,1)
find --set-root ls  /PhoenixOS/system.img
kernel /PhoenixOS/kernel quiet root=/dev/ram0 androidboot.hardware=android_x86_64 SRC=/PhoenixOS DATA=/PhoenixOS vga=788
boot

-Copy and paste that text there for system.sfs file..

Quote:default 0
timeout 1

title Android-x86
root (hd0,2)
find --set-root ls /PhoenixOS/system.sfs
kernel /PhoenixOS/kernel quiet root=/dev/ram0 androidboot.selinux=permissive SRC=/PhoenixOS DATA=/PhoenixOS vga=788
boot

Important Note for root settings: You will change these numbers according to where you installed it.
root (hd0,1)
hd0 is your hdd number..
1 is your hdd disk volume number..

-Download Bootice for see disk numbers..

[Image: Bootice01.jpg]

-Run Bootice.exe > Physical disk > Parts Manage - You will see disk parts.. No = hdd disk Volume number

[Image: Bootice02.jpg]

-Rename your boot entry 
-Select Count down (you can change timing "10")
-For Windows 10 / windows 8.1 os, check the "use metro bootloader" option.

[Image: BCD02.jpg]

-Click Save settings.

3-Setup completed. Restart your pc and have fun.

Optional: You can create bigger data.img size with PhoenixOS Toolbox  Copy it into PhoenixOS folder.

Tips:

menu.lst configuration sample: You can make multiboot by making joints like this. Wrote:default 0
timeout 10

title PhoenixOS-x64
root (hd0,1)
find --set-root ls  /PhoenixOS/system.img
kernel /PhoenixOS/kernel quiet root=/dev/ram0 androidboot.hardware=android_x86_64 SRC=/PhoenixOS DATA=/PhoenixOS vga=788
boot

title PhoenixOS-x86
root (hd0,1)
find --set-root ls  /PhoenixOS-x86/system.img
kernel /PhoenixOS-x86/kernel quiet root=/dev/ram0 androidboot.hardware=android_x86 SRC=/PhoenixOS-x86 DATA=/PhoenixOS-x86 vga=788
initrd /PhoenixOS-x86/initrd.img
boot

title AndroidOS
root (hd0,3)
find --set-root ls /AndroidOS/kernel
kernel /AndroidOS/kernel quiet root=/dev/ram0 androidboot.selinux=permissive SRC=/AndroidOS DATA=/AndroidOS DPI=160
initrd /AndroidOS/initrd.img
boot

title XXXOS
root (hd0,2)
find --set-root ls /system.sfs
kernel /kernel quiet root=/dev/ram0 androidboot.selinux=permissive buildvariant=userdebug SRC=/ DATA=/
initrd /initrd.img
boot

title YYYOS
root (hd0,2)
find --set-root ls /YYY/system.sfs
kernel /YYY/kernel quiet root=/dev/ram0 androidboot.selinux=permissive buildvariant=userdebug SRC=/YYY DATA=/YYY video=1920x1080@60 SETUPWIZARD=0 HWACCEL=1
initrd /YYY/initrd.img
boot

@woltrex
Not able to install on amd A8 7410 with Radeon r5 graphics
I have a problem return to the boot screen sonde this windows and the phoenix when it is on the home screen or using YouTube or any other application
Guide edited. Added PhoenixOS-ROC grub menu.lst lines.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10